As a member of the Unity Tech Art team in Paris, you will work with our Visual Effect Artist on technical, artistic and/or educational content related to Visual Effects, and also take part in the development process of Visual Effect Graph as an active voice of the workflow and artist tool design.
You will also learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us improve content creation pipelines that empower Unity developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team that focuses on bringing visual fidelity and Visual Effects to a new level in games and real-time experiences.
The duration of this internship is 4-6 months depending on your studies.
- Collaborate closely with our Technical Art and Visual Effect Graph Team
- Contribute to educational sample projects to show good practice to users
- Prototype features to streamline artists pipelines
- Test in-development features to both create and provide feedback on artist workflow and APIs from a usability perspective
- Isolate and improve content from different internal demos / levels to distribute to users
- You are currently studying a Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant subject
- Experience working with a team on an interactive project
- Experience in real time visual effects (shaders, particles and/or animated meshes)
- Teamwork and communication
- Desire to learn and not be afraid to ask questions
- Experience using Unity (ShaderGraph / Visual Effect Graph)
- Experience in scripting (visual scripting or C#)
- Experience with content creation applications (Houdini, Maya, Blender) and import into a real-time engine
- Passionate about improving the Visual Effects Artist Workflows
- Keen sense of Animation and Motion
- Excited and motivated to tackle new challenging problems
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the VFX Technical Artist Intern position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.