Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to empower artists, designing and implementing workflows that shape the way artists can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware to build digital worlds? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Would you like to work on daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
As a Technical Artist at Unity, you will help build content creation tools to make it easier for artists to create new worlds. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo.
- Work closely with graphics engineers to develop effective content workflows for new features related to environment and terrain
- Design and develop tools to improve artist workflows, focusing on environment artists
- Contribute to documentation, training materials, presentations, and demos to increase the accessibility of new features and tools
- Push the visual quality of Unity’s real-time graphics features to achieve the highest levels of visual excellence
- Experience supporting environment artists working on realistic open world 3D experiences
- Passionate about advancing content creation and improving existing workflows for creating beautiful 3D environments
- Experience with Houdini or similar procedural content creation tools
- Online portfolio showcasing both artistic and scripting capabilities
- Professional experience in C#, C++, or equivalent languages
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Shipped multiple AAA games as an environment technical artist
- Experience related to asset authoring (ie, a past job as an environment artist, hard surface artist)
- Experience writing shaders
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Artist, Graphics position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!