Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are the Emerging Technology team; a team that is part of Accelerate Solutions! We are a group of senior technical specialists that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies by incorporating our partners' needs into our offerings!
Automated testing is critical at Unity. As a Software Developer, Quality Assurance, you will work closely with skilled and passionate technical specialists to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will write tests and test frameworks, ensuring all features reach the desired level of functionality, stability, and usability. You will also collaborate with our AAA video game partner as well as various Unity R&D and infrastructure teams.What you’ll be doing
- Design, evaluate, and improve quality systems for our partners projects using our Engine
- Consult on standard methodologies for building, unit testing, integration testing, and automation
- Build automation frameworks to drive the validation of Unity-based applications, across desktop, web, and Cloud-based services
- Collaborate in-person and virtually with other developers, testers and project managers
- Identify operational risks in collaboration with the team proactively identifying solutions for our partners.
- Proven experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom
- Ability to work with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs
- Passion for driving quality via using a variety of programming languages and familiarity using the Unity, Unreal, or another game engine
- A detailed approach to problem solving with phenomenal debugging capabilities
- Ability to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge verbally and via written reports.
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- An understanding of target platforms, source control management and infrastructure constraints
- Deep familiarity with one subfield of asset validation, static code analysis, metrics implementation.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Developer, Quality Assurance, Emerging Technology position on WeChat