At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are, built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online.
Multiplay customers don’t like service disruptions, and neither do we. Our mission is to manage production incidents with technology. We build automation to measure, detect, and prevent production issues, and work together to resolve incidents and stop them from happening again.
- Managing large scale, cross-team, production-level applications and infrastructure.
- Developing services to automatically detect and reduce service disruption.
- Manage production incidents.
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and best practices
- You will be driving to instil a culture of Reliability within the engineering teams
- Advocate for infrastructure improvements and best practices across Multiplay and Unity
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota which is shared between team members
- Experience managing production (cloud-based and physical) infrastructure at scale
- Good knowledge of infrastructure core components: storage, system, databases and/or networking
- Proficient with modern programming languages, like Go or Python
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform and Puppet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A customer-centric and empathetic approach to support, thrive in making our customers and users successful
- Experience with, or a strong interest in Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment
- A healthy obsession with metrics and measurements
- Composed urgency in stressful situations
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Site Reliability Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!