At Unity, we are excited about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. By joining the XR Interaction team you will be working on one of the most popular game engines, helping to drive cutting edge XR technologies and devices.
As a key member of the XR Interaction Team you will be integrating new devices and platforms into the XR Plugin Framework and be responsible for our existing XR input infrastructure. You will be writing clear, fast and maintainable code whilst working with cutting edge hardware, external APIs and SDKs. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world, you have come to the right place.
- Implement cross-platform XR Input facilities so that a variety of XR devices can be used seamlessly with Unity.
- Integrate third party input / interaction SDKs into Unity
- Implement new technologies and features into the Unity engine that support XR
- Deliver high quality and high performant code on time and to specification
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on features and requirements
- Design, build and deliver complex software systems within Unity to support XR Input and Interactions
- Prior XR development experience and passion for XR
- Experience working as a Senior Engineer
- Cross platform development experience
- Strong system level C++/C skills and/or Strong C# development experience
- Previous experience integrating and/or working with device SDKs
- Embedded or mobile systems experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- 3D Math expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take Initiative and work independently
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior XR Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.