The Documentation team at Unity is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced technical writer with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and excellent writing and editing skills.
We are seeking someone who can quickly form good working relationships with developers and work collaboratively to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products. This includes a mix of writing from scratch, revising draft documents supplied by developers, and overhauling legacy content.
When you join us, you’ll work on the XR documentation that explains how to make virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality applications. You will plan, write, and maintain the documentation for customers that want to create an entirely virtual environment for users or overlay an enhanced interactive experience on a real-world environment.
You will be part of a diverse team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators.
Some travel may be required between Unity offices around the world and to some major industry events.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing documentation on subjects such as VR immersion, motion tracking and audio spatialization on various platforms. This includes both API documentation and user guide content.
- Gathering, editing, and publishing subject-specific knowledge from subject matter experts and developers.
- Supporting development teams to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software release schedule.
- Using internal templates, standards and our in-house style guide (based on the Microsoft Writing Style Guide) to create clear and reusable content.
- Helping a globally distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing community.
What we’re looking for
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English.
- Excellent computing skills.
- Experience working as a technical writer.
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS, Markdown or XML.
- Understanding of source control tools (e.g. github, Mercurial) and techniques.
You might also have
- Passion for games, technology, and/or writing.
- Game development experience, especially using Unity or C#.
- Experience using issue trackers such as JIRA to track project tasks.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Technical Writer, XR position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.