Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to enable the success of teams that are crafting and implementing real-time rendering features that can maximize the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to capture requirements, acquire feedback, and help teams deliver new features that are powerful and polished?
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to facilitate development and communications for our distributed R&D teams. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, technical art, and other subject areas, supporting the team in their internal processes, building and improving development and cross-team communication and collaboration with the rest of Unity. Playing a key role in building relationships and facilitating collaboration with numerous partners. Working on adventurous visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance.
The R&D teams are spread across multiple locations in Europe, with the majority of the developers in Copenhagen, Ghent, and Helsinki. Due to the distributed nature of the team, some international travel is to be expected.
What you'll be doing
- Act as a key facilitator in working across groups to make sure our development teams are always in sync and collaborating. Help move teams forward, using your own initiative and intuition, and spot opportunities for improvement
- Always be iterating on production processes and methodologies to continuously improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility; Lead by example with well facilitated meetings, clear agendas, and timely follow through on actions
- Coordinate with R&D engineering leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of feature development goals and partner commitments
- Drive programs in your areas of responsibility, ensuring that we ship great user experiences on time, and within the planned scope.
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: Users first. Best ideas win. In it together. Go BOLD.
What we're looking for
- Extensive experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience, internal and external; Listening to, speaking with, and resolving conflicts with subject matter authorities
- Ability to gracefully handle change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Familiarity with content creation technologies and challenges in game/application development
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mentality. Be willing to ask questions, and to dig for your own answers as well
You might also have
- Completion of a minimum of one game cycle or creative product from start to finish
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
- Interest in and passion for rendering technologies
Unity Graphics At Work
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from The Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, The Boat Attack, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from Unite Copenhagen 2019, GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more! Unity graphics team are also frequent speakers at SIGGRAPH Advances in Real-Time Rendering and Open Problems in Real-Time Rendering yearly courses.
Stay tuned for even more amazing graphics coming in the near future!
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share the Senior Technical Program Manager, Graphics position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.