We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Services Foundation team. You will be part of the team who is working on providing platforms for other teams here at Unity to succeed in their in mission in building great services to our customers. As part of this effort, we are aligning our service products into a unified Dashboard, Editor and API experience. The team is in charge of rethinking our developer identity and access management to provide a foundation for different services to be built in a standard way for end users. You will have an impact in crafting a platform which will make the user experience as smooth as our feature teams envisioned it while solving hard technical problems to support our existing services infrastructure and expanding that as we grow.What you’ll be doing
- Works with the developer service manager, product management, and other engineering leaders to formulate a technical vision and short- and long-term plans for the Developer Services team
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand the needs of our users and clients and then plan, design, and build features that best serve those needs, using lean and agile methodologies
- Leads the planning process, guiding team-specific roadmaps, driving alignment with the overall team vision, and ensuring consensus within the team
- Ensures timely updates to senior leadership about strategic projects and customer-impacting events and serves as the highest escalation path for most issues on the team
- Build an environment of accountability at all engineering levels with clear goals and measured outcomes
- Provide a strong voice in guarding and evolving the engineering culture
- Solid understanding of Cloud Technologies and their business application like Ali Cloud Platform, Tencent cloud services.
- Manage projects using Perforce, Git, and/or other source control software
- Has managed Configuration Management solutions for large teams. Main branches, developer branches, release branches, etc…
- Proven leader at building, leading and managing highly effective/high performing technical teams with high engagement
- Proven experience as a dedicated engineer and a proven track record of shipping large, sophisticated software projects and driving quality
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in golang language or C# / Java / C++ / C
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Familiar with databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB etc.
- Familiar with ceph, openstack, prometheus, docker etc.
- Experience dealing with web systems, databases, game development, infrastructure, and analytics
- Experience in developer services at large scale
- Have empathy and emotional intelligence to lead a diverse group of engineers and managers at varying stages of their careers
- Models and sets the tone for how people collaborate and treat each other on the team
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share the Senior Software Engineer position on WeChat