Unity is accelerating the development of artist tools, with products such as Wētā Digital Tools, Ziva Dynamics and SpeedTree, to make the entire process of crafting 3D graphics, content and experiences more intuitive and accessible to creators. By joining us, you will help democratize the most powerful tools of the industry and make them accessible to a wide range of users.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Art Tools team at Unity, you will be involved in the research, design, and development of our professional artist tools for surfacing, lighting and rendering. In this position, you will integrate multiple existing tools together to offer a complete, intuitive and cohesive creator experience in the cloud. You will focus on bringing our best-in-class creation tools to a wider audience, by improving their interoperability and making their user interface straightforward yet preserving their creativity potential.
What you’ll be doing
- Bring the best surfacing, lighting and rendering tools of the industry into the cloud and design workflows that work for all creators
- Directly contribute to the code and the architectural roadmap, and promote high engineering standards
- Refactor legacy code into powerful and extensible APIs
- Ensure quality by investigating reported issues and writing automated tests around new or existing functionality
- Champion engineering principles and best practices
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record developing artist tools for surfacing, lighting and rendering
- Industry experience in professional software development with proficiency in C++, Python, data structures, algorithms and engineering principles
- Experience programming plugins for DCC applications such as Maya or Blender
- Track record of designing robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
- Experience with testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
You might also have
- Experience with Universal Scene Description and/or MaterialX
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Strong knowledge of computer graphics, light transport and the underlying math
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer - Art Tools (Surface & Rendering) position on WeChat