The Core team in Copenhagen is looking for a Product Designer that wants to make an impact in a highly technical and challenging domain. You have experience as a Technical Artist, Tools Designer, User Experience Designer OR Product Designer. In this role, you will be design owner for the area of core workflows, shaping the day-to-day experience of millions of users for the areas of file management, creative collaboration and on-demand loading. You'll be expected to push the bar for making complex things simple to use, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
In close collaboration with engineering and product manager peers, you will help set and validate product requirements and decisions. You will use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce intuitive workflows and clear, actionable affordances that delight and empower our millions of users in reaching their creative outcomes.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows and interactions to inform road maps, user research and implementation
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business peers to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- Conduct design research, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure our users-first commitment
- Help build a cohesive design language and user experience for all performance related tooling built by us, other Unity teams and our millions of end-users
- A portfolio of work that contains strong examples of design for desktop AND/OR web applications, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in and experience with designing technical software such as professional desktop software, creative tools, game engines and/or productivity tools
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to rally stakeholders around solving user problems
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design
- Experience designing productivity tools and workflows for highly technical applications
- Programming skills are not required but familiarity with the basic concepts and workflows of software development is a plus
- Game development / Game engine experience
This is a full-time position based in our Copenhagen office, we appreciate it if you attach your portfolio URL while submitting your application.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Designer, Core position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!