Vivox, a division of Unity Technologies, delivers the best voice and text chat experience for video games and has been implemented in all types of games, on all major platforms. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege.
Vivox is looking for a Senior Manager, Software Engineering that will provide leadership and guidance as we focus on building the next generation of communications infrastructure and tools to help development studios and publishers operate their games with high quality and at global scale. Vivox works like a start-up in small, fast-paced teams and we’re looking for a leader with a bias toward action and a focus on closing gaps to deliver a great experience to our customers & partners.
- Lead the development and delivery of new features from initial engagement through to project delivery operating with players at scale
- Support a world-class customer experience for the development studios and publishers with whom we partner
- Collaborate deeply with the Product, Operations, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Provide leadership and grow the Engineering team through mentorship of current team members and by recruiting great talent
- Provide technical vision and direction to Engineering teams and management, and represent Vivox technology within Unity
- Strong team management experience leading complex software development projects with several concurrently running projects in a AAA game and/or service environment
- Deep understanding of high-scale systems, modern server development, threading / concurrency, audio processing, networking, automated testing
- Experience of cross platform client development, and delivering low footprint client code
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and in making technical recommendations based on the business needs of the project
- Passion for understanding your customers (big and small) and the ecosystems in which they operate
- Knowledge of Network protocols
- Game engine experience
- Familiarity with C++, Golang, Python/Twisted, and/or Erlang
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Vivox position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.