Unity’s XR Tools Group makes tools for augmented and virtual reality developers. Alongside a team of developers and designers, you’ll be responsible for helping to build out MARS, the Mixed and Augmented Reality Studio (MARS). In particular, you’ll be focusing on the companion apps for smartphones and AR HMDs. These apps are part of a new specialized workflow for reality capture and in-situ authoring, enabling developers to capture real-world video and AR data for use in the editor and edit their content on-the-fly in the environment where it will be experienced.
This feature, and role, are a key part of Unity’s goal to be the best possible realtime tool for all kinds of 3D creation. You’ll be helping to define and improve on-device authoring for augmented reality tools today, and spatial computing over the next decades.
The XR Tools Group is a diverse team of passionate XR developers and thinkers. We care deeply about helping developers be able to make apps that can truly run in the real world. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing.
This role may involve some amount of travel to other offices, though we are happy to work with your schedule and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain the MARS companion apps for mobile and HMD
- Work with the companion app team to design and implement features for AR authoring
- Learn and maintain understanding of the latest AR technologies and features
- Work with the entire engineering team to ensure consistency and proper flow between features in MARS, the Unity editor and the companion apps
- Unity experience required, either as a user or an extensions developer
- Experience with Unity GUI, both in Editor and runtime applications
- Familiarity or professional experience in C#, C++, and platform APIs (Android, iOS, Magic Leap, Hololens, etc.)
- Familiarity with developing cloud/connected application development (REST APIs, etc.)
- Experience shipping and maintaining real products
- Passion for, and enjoyment of, spatial computing. The entire team is united in our shared interest for the future of human-computer interaction and how XR can help
- Demonstrated interest in XR, either through professional experience or personal projects
- Related, mixed reality development, personal or professional, is a significant bonus
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks, both internally and externally
- Experience with demos and prototyping is a plus
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior AR/MR Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!