Would you like to be a part of a creative initiative that will make switching to Unity products even more accessible? If so, come join our growing Strategic Technologies team in a new opening as the Manager, Engine Conversion Tools! Our team is part of Accelerate Solutions Emerging Technology group!
In this management role, you will grow and lead a new team of development experts that will build upon and maintain a game engine conversion tools suite. You will also collaborate with our R&D teams in our mission to make Unity a better engine for our partners!
This role will require occasional travel to Unity and customer offices on an as-needed basis based upon your discretion.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a group of developers and technical artists to build and lead a fully functional and innovative asset conversion pipeline producing accurate visualizations
- Design, overview, and lead the architecture of importers, exporters and imported features Unity counterparts
- Ensure the efficiency, scalability, as well as gameplay and visual fidelity of the converter output
- Design, craft, and develop features, workflows, or tools to replicate the most sophisticated features of industry game engines
- Support team members in their career growth
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading a team of multidisciplinary technical experts
- Experience with a broad range of video game development areas such as rendering, animation, physics, scripting, etc.
- A deep proficiency in C# and C++ with extensive experience maintaining or working with proprietary or commercial game engines such as Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.
- A cultivated understanding with in-depth experience driving the software development lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- The ability to reverse-engineer futuristic systems solving hard problems
You might also have
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A deep understanding of industry standard DCC file formats and asset pipelines workflows usage
- Experience working with multithreaded and real-time systems
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Engine Conversion Tools, Emerging Technology position on WeChat