Vivox, a division of Unity Technologies, delivers the best voice and text chat experience for video games and has been implemented in all types of games, on all major platforms. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege.
Vivox is looking for a Head of Engineering that will provide leadership and guidance as we focus on building the next generation of communications infrastructure and tools to help development studios and publishers operate their games with high quality and at global scale. Vivox works like a start-up in small, fast-paced teams and we’re looking for a leader with a bias toward action and a focus on closing gaps to deliver a great experience to our customers & partners.
- Lead the development and delivery of new features from initial engagement through to project delivery operating with players at scale
- Support a world-class customer experience for the development studios and publishers with whom we partner
- Collaborate deeply with the Product, Operations, Sales, and Customer Success teams
- Provide leadership and grow the Engineering team through mentorship of current team members and by recruiting great talent
- Provide technical vision and direction to Engineering teams and management, and represent Vivox technology within Unity
- Strong team management experience leading complex software development projects with several concurrently running projects in a AAA game and/or service environment
- Deep understanding of high-scale systems, modern server development, threading / concurrency, audio processing, networking, automated testing
- Experience of cross platform client development, and delivering low footprint client code
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and in making technical recommendations based on the business needs of the project
- Passion for understanding your customers (big and small) and the ecosystems in which they operate
- Knowledge of Network protocols
- Game engine experience
- Familiarity with C++, Golang, Python/Twisted, and/or Erlang
Who We are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Head of Engineering position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!