Unity is seeking a software engineer with a passion for UX and tool creation to join our XR team to help shape one of the fastest growing technology segments: Augmented and Virtual Reality. In this role, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team to implement workflows and innovate tools to take the pain out of AR/VR development.
Our team’s mission is to work closely with platform partners and our users to build new cross-platform features in AR/VR that leverage the best technologies in order to solve hard problems.
Join us to empower the millions of Unity developers to create successful XR content used by billions. With more than 50% of XR content powered by Unity, your efforts will greatly improve the developer experience.
- Design and implement high-quality software products and services for XR development that will be used in new verticals
- Improving UX process and alignment within a broader organization
- Re-imagining features and a more intuitive UI system
- Partner efficiently with cross disciplinary resources
- Work closely with UX Designers and Researchers to turn UX vision into production
- Professional software development experience (preferably in the game or VR/AR industry)
- Proficient in C#
- Experience applying UX design/vision into production code
- Passion for creating intuitive, efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of delivering results in agile development environments
- Experience building content creation tools
- Experience building AR/VR applications
- Prior experience using Unity
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the UX Tools Engineer, XR position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!