Unity is a multi-platform game engine that is used to create video games and applications for a multitude of devices. As many creators of real-time applications aim to generate complex, detailed and interesting environments, a key part of the real-time engine is a set of Environment workflows, enabling users to create realistic landscapes and environments for their games or applications. Emerging technologies such as machine learning, procedural generation, and data-oriented design are opening up new exciting opportunities for augmenting the creation workflow and achieving new levels of productivity for content creators.
We are looking for a UX Lead who can drive design strategy and execution for the Environment workflows area. You are an experienced design leader who’s successfully managed design teams and driven a strategic product area from early concept to release. You excel at dealing with ambiguity and facilitating a structured design process that leads to the best ideas and experience outcomes. You think in terms of systems and patterns and understand the importance of balancing relevance and consistency in your decision making. You possess a curious mind for learning new technology and a passion for exploring how it can be leveraged to create transformative user experiences. You are able to operate at all levels, from strategic thinking to the finest details of design. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and sketch ideas and bring them to life via storyboards.
In this role, you will be part of Unity’s global Design team which is a diverse group of people who believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it and that excellence in design is crucial to the pursuit in getting there. You will work closely with other Unity Design leaders to define our UX vision, engender alignment and consistency, and deliver world-class experiences for our users.
- Work with stakeholders and product team leads to devise a UX strategy and roadmap for Environment workflows
- Lead and manage a group of Designers working on Environment creation tools and workflows
- Manage UX resource allocation and task prioritization for the Environment area and ensure that the right trade-offs are made throughout the product development cycle
- Partner with Design leaders at Unity to drive UX alignment and consistency across workflows and product areas
- Partner with design leaders across the company to develop Unity’s Design System and contribute new UX patterns to our Human Interface Guidelines
- Work with user research to continually pursue customer satisfaction via usability studies and user engagements
- Experience in UX design for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing large-scale, complex applications
- Experience in people management and leadership
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and the 3D domain
- A portfolio that demonstrates an in-depth and thoughtful design process and how it’s been applied in previous projects
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, etc., or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with worldbuilding or environment creation tools
- Proven track record of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
- Must be able to motivate others and bring out the best ideas through an inclusive design process
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the UX Lead, Environment position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.