We’re looking for a designer to join our team full time to help us create amazing user experiences on our platform. Your designs will be used by Unity developers all over the world – that’s more than 4.5 million engineers!
You’ll be responsible for designing beautiful interfaces that help developers connect with their players. You will drive innovative projects in a hard working environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction. You possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI onto shipped product. You have the ability to analyze data, gather feedback from others and transform that into real results. Your aesthetic is massively appealing and you are someone who actualizes new ideas.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams globally to define & understand the requirements of a given product/feature
- Design and prototype ideas quickly, and validate product decisions using feedback and data
- Participate in workshops and product feedback sessions and partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Produce usable assets for the cross-functional engineering teams to integrate into the product itself
- Communicate directly with customers to understand their struggles with the product / UX and be willing to modify designs to better meet their needs
- Experience designing digital software and systems; you have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Able to understand and follow a design system, and contribute to it when necessary
- Professional use of standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, Abstract, etc)
- Portfolio of product design highlighting strong UX, interaction design and visual design
- Ability to develop high level and/or detailed personas, journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Illustration and Icon design skills
- Knowledge of the underlying web technologies approaches like HTML, CSS, JS, Responsive design, React, Progressive enhancement
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the UX Designer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!