The 2D Team is responsible for building and driving all 2D features at Unity. Through our effort in democratizing game development, there is more and more 2D content being made. Joining the 2D team means you are responsible in enabling our user’s success. The 2D team is completely in control of the 2D roadmap. The buck stops here, so to speak. If you want to be a part of a team that can truly make a difference, then this is it.
If you are also looking to put your experience in building a game engine and tools with great workflows in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world, you have come to the right place.
- Design, develop, maintain and evolve all 2D features so that we become the best 2D engine on the planet.
- Communicate with users and understand market needs so we are always on point when it comes to feature fit and delivering immense value to our users.
- Be a great team player and at the same time show immense drive to take any and all features to the class leading level.
- Experience in game industry preferably in a engine/tooling development
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Strong C++/C skills
- Strong C# skills
- Cross-platform development experience
- Unity development experience
- Experience developing 2D engines, workflows, tools
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Performance-minded development
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!