The 2D team in Singapore is looking for a Senior Product Designer that wants to make an impact on 2D workflows for creating games. You have experience as a Technical Artist, Tools Designer, User Interface Designer, User Experience Designer OR Product Designer. In this role, you will be design owner for the area of 2D, shaping the day-to-day experience of millions of artists, developers, and designers for the areas of 2D art, animation and worldbuilding. You will be expected to push the bar for making complex things simple and delightful to use, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
In close collaboration with engineering and product manager peers, you will help set and validate product requirements and decisions. You will use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce intuitive workflows and clear, actionable affordances that delight and empower our millions of users in reaching their creative outcomes.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows and interactions to inform road maps, user research and implementation
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business peers to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- Conduct design research, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure our users-first commitment
- Help build a cohesive design language and user experience for all performance related tooling built by us, other Unity teams and our millions of end-users
- A portfolio of work that contains strong examples of design for complex products such as desktop apps, desktop games, game development tools AND/OR web applications, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- Interest in and experience with designing technical software such as professional desktop software, creative tools, game engines and/or productivity tools
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to rally stakeholders around solving user problems
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design
- Experience designing productivity tools and workflows for highly technical applications
- Experience with creating artwork, UI and characters for 2D games in a production environment
- Game development / Game engine experience
This is a full-time position based in our Singapore office, we appreciate it if you attach your portfolio URL while submitting your application.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Product Designer, 2D tools position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!