The Unity Developer Services team is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer that wants to make an impact in a highly technical and challenging domain. You have experience as a User Experience Designer OR Product Designer and have deep familiarity with developer workflows. You are passionate about user centered design, always putting the user first in creating world-class products and services.
In joining the DS design team, you will be part of bringing the Developer Services design vision to fruition and improving the overall developer experience at Unity. Your work will be seen and used by developers throughout the world. In close collaboration with engineering and product management, you will help set and validate product requirements and decisions. You will use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce intuitive workflows and holistic experiences that delight and empower developers.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, from early stages to high fidelity, to convey ideas, facilitate user research, and detail out features for implementation
- Conduct design research, leveraging internal and external resources to ensure our users-first commitment
- Help build a consistent and cohesive design system and developer experience
- Be ready to wield any tool from the design toolbox, from facilitating co-creation workshops to running full design sprints
- Take the design all the way to implementation, including creating final visuals and interactions in close collaboration with development teams
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of design for apps and services, including interaction patterns and supporting visual design language, and demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with designing for internal tools, software as a service platforms and/or technical software
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to rally stakeholders around solving user problems
- Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design
- Highly skilled in the design tools of your choice (Sketch, Figma, Framer or others)
- Familiarity with developer workflows within continuous integration and delivery, such as using distributed version control, deployment automation, source code management, etc
- Familiarity with building and maintaining an operational design system
- Familiarity with git, React JS, and/or Angular
This is a full-time position based in our Copenhagen office. To be considered for this position please attach your portfolio URL while submitting your application.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Product Designer, Developer Services position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.