We’re looking for students with excellent writing skills, a natural curiosity for exploring and understanding technical concepts, and someone who wants to get hands on with Unity to join the Documentation team. You would become a technical writer intern within the documentation team, which means you’ll work with developers who make some of the latest Unity features, and translate what they make into valuable user documentation that is seen by millions of people who use Unity.
There is a lot of scope to help our users, by using their feedback from the Unity Forums, Twitter and the User Manual website to improve our documentation and explain and demystify highly technical problems.
We will support you in forming good working relationships with developers across the globe, and you’ll be mentored by the Documentation team, which is made up of developers and writers alike, to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products.
Read an interview with one of our team here to find out more about life as a Technical Writer at Unity
This position is an 11 month paid internship, starting in summer 2020 and based in Brighton.
- Work closely with Unity's development teams across the world
- Research new features, so that you can document them for users in time for release
- Empathise with users and provide them with documentation that answers their questions and helps them achieve their goals
- Understand problems that result from poor documentation, so that you can improve our existing content and help users
- Work with writers and editors on the Docs team to ensure that your documentation is as clear, accurate and usable as possible
- You are currently studying at university and looking for a placement year
- Great computing skills
- Strong level of written and spoken English
- Ability to manage your time well and set priorities effectively
- A skill for analysing problems into their component parts
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Passion for games and any experience of Unity or 3D game development
- Knowledge or experience of programming languages, especially C#
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS or Markdown
- Any Slack, Twitter, forum, or community management skills
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Writer Intern position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.