We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Lead Technical Project Manager to support the engineering team and drive improved processes at Vivox. Vivox is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet. The Unity Engine is a premier platform for a variety of different interactive media experiences, ranging from console and phone games, to Hollywood film CGI, to cutting-edge AR/VR interactive experiences and industrial simulations.
As the Lead Technical Project Manager this is an opportunity to improve how we collaborate and make the engineering team more efficient and predictable in delivering on its commitments. Vivox is growing fast, and the Lead Technical Project Manager will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders, implementing lightweight solutions to ensure quality, predictability and transparency in the development process. In addition, maintaining and supporting our relationships with other teams within Unity is also critical.
- Capture current processes, and help define new ones that support the engineers in delivering on the team’s commitments
- Grow and support the Project Management discipline within Vivox
- Work with the engineering team to build and maintain the schedules for their projects
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand and clearly define the requirements for any project
- Drive smart decisions about resource management when prioritizing multiple complex projects
- Collaborate with project managers in other parts of the organization to support healthy feature development throughout Unity
- Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, respecting divergent processes and cultures
- Design process solutions that address issues/impediments without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Create regular project status updates for internal and external stakeholders
- Support Unity’s core values: Democratize Development, Solve Hard Problems, and Enable Success
- Experience with educating and evangelising Project Management best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies, including agile and waterfall
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Bonus points for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software engineering
- Voice communication
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Lead Technical Project Manager position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!