The Unity Spotlight Team works alongside the best Game Studios and Developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. We implement new Unity features, optimize current features, and work to build a better engine while helping our partners to build outstanding games in Unity.
This position is for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to support the Spotlight team and develop a team of Technical Program Managers working across all partners.
You will work cross-functionally with engineering, partner management, product management, program management, and other parties, implementing lightweight solutions to ensure quality, predictability and transparency in the development process. You will also work closely with partners to maintain and support those relationships.
It is important to be happy wearing multiple hats: diplomat, mentor, reporter, translator, firefighter. You will also need to be comfortable with occasional in-country and international travel
What you’ll be doing
- Build and improve relationships with our game studio customers.
- Working with teams of engineers and artists to help key Unity partners implement cutting-edge Unity features in their projects in ways that are most helpful for the dev studios and for Unity.
- Work in partnership with Unity customer-facing teams to provide the best experience for the customer
- Identify and resolve potential risks with customer’s products before they have a negative impact.
- Use effective communication, tools, and project management strategies to ensure that goals are met, partners are in alignment, and the team is up-to-date with progress.
- Work with limited supervision and use independent judgment outside of established procedures when appropriate.
- Leading and mentoring a small team of Technical Program Managers
What we’re looking for
- Experience in game production, or similar technical production work, and working with cross disciplinary teams to build and ship games or similar software.
- Able to keep track of complex requirements and numerous moving pieces.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills; strong active listening skills and able to resolve conflicts with members of varied teams in a clear and efficient manner.
- Positive relationship leadership skills proven with external partners.
You might also have
- Experience with building games using the Unity engine
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Prior usage of Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall, and other development methodologies.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for crafting and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Manager, Technical Program Manager, Spotlight position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.