As the Technical Product Manager, Graphics Technology at Unity, you will be leading product management of the Graphics Technology initiatives at Unity. You will have the opportunity to work with our Research and Development organization to create best in class graphics technologies, features and services designed to help our users build world-class content. Collaborate with the world's leading game developers to enable the next generation in games. Be part driving the new movement from offline rendering to realtime interactive 3D in markets such as Film & TV, the Automotive industry and Architecture, Engineering and Construction. Work with our marketing team to help craft communications plans that inspire our global developer community to get the most out of each new offering. Join Unity and shape the future of Graphics.
Experience the excitement of Unity real-time graphics by exploring samples from our projects from the Heretic, Reality versus Illusion, Sherman, the Book of the Dead, the Spaceship Demo, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, the Automotive Reveal, The Big Hero 6 series (Baymax Dreams of Too Many Baymaxes, Baymax Dreams of Bed Bugs, Baymax Dreams of Evil Sheep), and the Megacity Demo, as well as the Neon demo, and many many more.
You can also learn about the latest in Unity Graphics from our keynotes from GDC 2019, E3 2019, Unite LA 2018, Unite Berlin 2018, GDC 2018, Real or rendered? Real-time ray tracing, Introduction to the Universal Render Pipeline, Creating your own shaders with Shader Graph, Fast particle rendering with VFX Graph, and so much more!
- Work with Graphics Team leads and developers to define a unified vision for Unity’s Graphics offerings with a special focus on the Graphics rendering pipeline and supporting technologies. For example, High Definition and Universal Rendering Pipelines, Lighting, Visual Effects Graph, Visual Shader Graph, and Graphics Device
- Work closely with major game development studios, including AAA console development, leading mobile development to both do the discovery of new user needs and the validation of the technology in development
- Partner with the technology teams driving Unity’s adoption in new markets including Film & TV, Automotive, Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- Collaborate closely with Unity’s platform teams including Mobile, Console, PC, and Web to map out current and future platform requirements
- Listen to developers' needs and translate them into feature requirements that empower our users to make world-class content that maximizes performance while making production easier
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape in Graphics and provide those insights to internal teams within Unity
- Work together with our Engineering, Producer, and Product Marketing teams to develop roadmaps for innovative Graphics technology which includes planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case for new and existing verticals, and help execute the go-to-market release
- Product management experience in a leading gaming or platform development business
- Experience successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- Experience and understanding of graphics pipeline, graphics platform APIs, shaders, real-time, 3D rendering in game engines
- Experience with Unity, Unreal Engine, or any proprietary game engine, and have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
- A solid understanding of modern techniques used to develop software at scale
- Hands-on experience playing a substantive role in a project using a real-time 3D renderer
- Experience with graphics API like DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan/Metal
- Experience with console, desktop and mobile rendering
- Familiarity with known physically-based shading models
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language a plus
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Product Manager Graphics position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!