As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Unity, your role will provide a clear objective understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions. First and foremost, this role is technical. Unity is an engineering led organization and your role will entail working closely with engineering teams across different game development disciplines to provide detailed data for planning and feedback on feature development. This role is an opportunity to blend your technical skills with strategic planning, and embed yourself alongside our world-class engineering teams to provide insight into customer use, demand for shipped features, features in development and future areas of growth. You will gain hands-on experience in the development process from a code and design perspective. Seeing as Unity is a product for users of all skill levels, you will closely collaborate with both UX Research and UX Design teams to put the user at the center of the development process.
The Consoles Development team integrates PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo games hardware into Unity. We ensure that Games Developers using Unity are able to easily deliver the best experience on consoles through their titles.
This role is located onsite at the Unity office in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Collaborate with our engineering teams to provide user stories, use cases and market data. This will involve liaising with game studios, both at indie and enterprise level, in addition to extracting meaningful data from community and internal databases
- Be a technical expert in the competitive landscape that Unity operates in and lead research to deliver technical analysis and insights to internal teams
- Align with the engineering teams to collaborate on the feature lifecycle for innovative game technology from strategic planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case, through to the market entry and positioning stages
- Work as part of a team of Product Managers to design and guide the software development of game development technology, features and functionality. The Product Management group will be responsible for defining a high-level product roadmap
- Track product and feature performance; identify key performance indicators
- Assist in representing the product to all of the appropriate market groups including clients, suppliers and strategic partners
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and managing new product features, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements throughout the lifecycle and through to successful launch
- Experience with technical product management in a leading gaming, software or technology platform development business
- Solid understanding of the software development process and software products
- Exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Sound business judgment and ability to build business case around a product or service
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Product Manager, Consoles position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!