Unity Technologies, supporting 25+ platforms, is a global leader in real-time 3D technology; we are at the cutting edge of technology across hardware platforms around the world. As such, we are uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of current and future tech, building an engine to truly enable success for millions of creators.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Producer to facilitate operations and communications for our globally-distributed Mobile Platforms team. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders, supporting the team in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company. You will report to the Lead Technical Producer, Platforms, within the R&D organization.
The Mobile Platforms team is spread across multiple locations, primarily Bellevue and Vilnius. Due to the distributed nature of the team, some international travel is to be expected.
You are comfortable wearing multiple hats: coach, reporter, translator, and firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your communication skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.Responsibilities
- Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, embracing divergent processes and cultures
- Use fluency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Coordinate with mobile team leadership and product management to build and maintain a clear roadmap of both internal and external mobile projects
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams to achieve Unity’s larger strategic goals and maintain a high-quality standard on mobile platforms
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Work closely with R&D support teams such as Release Management, Core Developer Services, etc. to help address problems of scale as Unity R&D continues to grow
- Experience in software production/project management, working cross-functionally within an engineering organization
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies, including agile and waterfall - as well as an understanding of the shortcomings of each
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Experience in Mobile software development
- Experience in Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad variety of stakeholders, internal and external
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Producer, Mobile Platforms position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!