Unity’s mission is to empower the success of the world’s creators with the most powerful and accessible realtime 3D engine and monetization platform. Within that, the R&D Platforms group aims to provide users with maximum reach for their content via a scalable, performant, and ubiquitous runtime for any form-factor. Achieving this mission involves many teams working in tight collaboration, and Technical Producers to facilitate open communication, productivity, and teamwork in a massive distributed organization.
As a Technical Producer Intern in this group, you will be learning how to help guide the planning and execution of features to fulfill our strategic vision. You will work with development teams and other producers to track clear and realistic production plans, identify red flags before they become emergencies, and proactively manage resolving dependencies and impediments as they arise. Working as a producer in such a diverse and distributed environment on the kind of technical challenges we are taking on is no small task; doing it in a way that preserves each team’s sense of empowerment and autonomy will require creative problem solving and empathy, and allow the company to evolve to next-level success.
- Work in the Platforms Production team to coordinate activities and projects for Platforms development teams. No two days are alike; specific responsibilities will be dictated by priorities at the time
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into project health and progress against goals
- You will be an active member of the team, attending and providing updates in team meetings, distributing meeting notes, and following up on action items
- Contribute to the planning and direction of the development and production of Unity products
- You will gain valuable experience learning project management in a software as a service environment that will translate well towards long term roles in entertainment or business software
- Some experience in game production and working cross disciplinary teams on personal, school, or internship projects
- Working on a degree; in computer science, business, project management, or a technical field is preferred
- Familiarity with efficient production processes, and coordinating multiple small team efforts
- Exemplary collaboration and communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines in a clear and efficient manner
- Methodical and investigative disposition; be willing to ask questions, but be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Ability to be productive during morning hours as we will be working with teams across multiple time zones
- Knowledge of the games industry pipelines and processes
- Internship with one large-scale game team or two or more non-game production cycles
- Detail-oriented and organized, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Producer Intern position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!