Unity Technologies, supporting 25+ platforms, is a global leader in real-time 3D technology; we are at the cutting edge of technology across hardware platforms around the world. As such, we are uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of current and future tech including game consoles, mobile, and AR/VR, coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Producer to facilitate operations and communications with our three Console development teams, centered in Stratford-upon-Avon. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders, supporting the teams in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company.
Here is a unique opportunity to work side by side with console development veterans, as well as reaching across team lines to coordinate cross-platform feature development with the rest of the organization. The area of influence of this role is broad, and has the potential to have enormous positive impact on our users. This is a critical role in our effort to continue growing Unity as the engine of choice for console game developers.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust.
This role reports directly to the Lead Technical Producer, Platforms, within the R&D organization. A small amount of international travel is to be expected.
- Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, respecting divergent processes and cultures
- Use fluency in common software production methodologies and deep empathy for developers to improve the team’s ability to plan and deliver software without hampering progress or autonomy of developers
- Coordinate with engineering leads and product management to build and maintain clear roadmaps of both internal and external console projects
- Facilitate collaboration with other producers and engineering teams to achieve Unity’s larger strategic goals and maintain a high quality standard on console platforms
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Work closely with R&D support teams such as Release Management, Core Developer Services, etc. to help address problems of scale as Unity R&D continues to grow
- Experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization, including at least one full product lifecycle – or equivalent related experience
- Outstanding communication skills, rooted in a drive to build relationships, to a broad variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies and issue-tracking systems - as well as an understanding of the shortcomings of each
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Familiarity with game technologies and challenges in console game development
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Game development experience, particularly as a Producer or Developer
- Experience with the Unity engine
- Experience working on enterprise-scale software
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Producer, Console Platforms position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!