As a technical artist at Unity, you will work on productions of sample games to drive forward the development of cutting edge features and workflows making it easier for creators to design new worlds and characters.
You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building compelling worlds that showcase the best way to use new features and pipelines so other Unity users can easily craft incredible visual experiences.
Most importantly, you will work with an experienced team and to craft the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and example games.
- Develop and maintain art production tooling, workflow and pipeline by writing scripts/tools to aid artists to create content more efficiently
- Maintain the integrity of art pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Maintaining overall performance and memory budgets for real-time projects driven by the team
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team
- Support the technical art needs of art production for vertical slices of gameplay
- Facilitate technical art communication across disciplines by providing clear and constructive feedback and guidance
- Push the graphical quality of Unity’s real-time graphics features to achieve the highest levels of visual excellence
- Experience working on a wide range of tech art projects, regarding art tools, graphics engines, and game hardware
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as C#, Python, MEL, Maxscript, or C++
- Familiarly with popular digital content creation software such as Maya, 3DS Max, Substance suite, Houdini
- Experience working in Unity, Unreal, and/or other major production engines
- Evidence of creating art content that is performant for runtime and appropriate for modern game hardware
- Shipped a AAA video game title as a Technical Artist
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Experience with Visual Effects
- Experience writing shaders
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Artist position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.