You will be part of a new team to solve customer problems across a variety of exciting fields, such as video games, automotive, media and entertainment, manufacturing and architecture. Our customers include globally-known brands, and they need their art pipelines optimized, their visual targets met, and timely advice on how best to use Unity. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and curious, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include interacting with customers, researching and delivering the answers to their questions, developing solutions and examples, and striving to ensure that their projects succeed. This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Develop innovative new ways to translate content into the Unity Engine while preserving visual quality and application performance
- Create or modify shaders to demonstrate techniques for achieving customers’ visual targets in Unity
- Create example assets and projects to illustrate solutions and best practices
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our customers, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate and assist customers as they ramp up on using the Unity Engine
- Train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Experience writing shaders for real-time rendering
- Professional experience working in real-time game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, or custom)
- Basic scripting skills using C#
- You are fluent in written and spoken Japanese and are able to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- Experience working as a technical artist on a AAA and mobile game title, or worked to create visual content for multiple real-time game engines
- Experience creating pipeline tools for Autodesk Maya or 3D Studio MAX, and familiarity with one or more of the following tools: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop or Houdini
- Node-based shaders experience
- Familiar with other scripts languages such as Python or Json
- You have experience creating particles or other VFX
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation, or subject matter expertise in Film (Anime), Automotive or AEC (Architecture-Engineering-Construction) Pipeline
- Business English (the company also provides opportunities to improve language skills)
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Artist position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.