Unity is looking for a technical artist who can help drive the future of how content is created and perceived globally.
Unity is developing new software to be used by the world’s largest gaming studios, VFX houses, and industry players. This role is a unique opportunity for an artist to guide the development of this new software built for 3D artists, and expand the network and community of artists who can benefit from this technology.
- As part of the product team, provide an artist and industry perspective on various aspects of software development, including UI/UX, use cases for new and existing features, quality checks on outputs, ideas for new features, etc.
- Produce engaging and stunning artistic content for use in the sales and marketing process
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing organization as well as others within the company including Support, Development, Sales, etc.
- Help to build an active community of loyal customers, leveraging existing networks and artist communities
- Professional experience as a Technical Artist, Texture Artist, Environment Artist, or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of primary artist tools such as Photoshop, 3Ds Max, Maya, Substance, ZBrush, and/or Houdini
- Ability to generate photoreal textures for hard and organic surfaces and to create high-quality texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps (bump, specular, normal, roughness and transparency, etc.)
- Understanding of UV layout and principles, baking textures and processing maps
- An ability to work effectively on shared projects with engineers, designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Substance Designer, Quixel Mixer, and/or any scan processing software
- Experience with material and texture scanning (photogrammetry, photometry, etc.)
- Software UX/UI and/or software development experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Artist position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!