As a member of the Unity Tech Art team in Bellevue, WA you will build content creation tools to make it easier for artists to create new, fantastical worlds and impressive characters. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower Unity developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically impressive games and real-time experiences in the world.
- Work with technical artists and other stakeholders to develop rendering features and help determine what changes or enhancements are necessary to increase artist usability and accessibility
- Create content and demos with the latest technologies to demonstrate feature strengths
- Research and analyze the latest in art toolsets to help keep Unity at the forefront of graphical advancements and workflows
- Help write and review user-facing documentations about new graphics features and artist workflows
- Bachelors in Digital Art, Computer Science, Entertainment Technology or relevant degrees
- Experience creating content using Digital Content Creation packages such as Maya, 3DsMax, Substance, Photoshop
- Experience working with a team on an interactive project and integrating assets from content creation applications into a real-time engine
- Experience developing artist facing tools using scripting languages such as C#, Python
- Passionate about improving artist workflows as well as motivated to solve challenging problems
- Experience using Unity in a project
- Knowledge of shader language or have written custom shaders for previous projects
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Artist Intern position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.