Are you passionate about empowering artists to efficiently create beautiful real-time 3D graphics through tools and pipeline development? Are you excited to actively develop and explore the cutting edge of new features for graphics content creation and share this knowledge with users everywhere? Do you dream of ways to optimize frame rates for high-fidelity world and character content down to the very last millisecond? If you answered yes to these questions then we have just the position for you.
Unity is looking for a talented Technical Artist to work with our Graphics R&D teams based in Copenhagen. This role is a unique opportunity to provide vision for the future of Unity’s graphics systems and influence how these tools support the needs of artists in real-time 3D productions of all sizes. In this position you will be directly involved with new feature development for real-time graphics including shading, lighting, rendering, post-processing and related artist workflows for content creation. You will be responsible for contributing to the initial design of new features, collaborating closely with engineers and designers through all stages of development. You will prove these new features by building sample content to share with users in the public. This will include leadership and management of the local team of Technical Artists who are embedded within the R&D development teams including Graphics Foundation and Lighting.
- Collaborate on feature development alongside graphics engineers, UX designers, and other technical artists to improve Unity’s workflows for content creators
- Validate new graphics features, providing feedback on artist workflow and APIs from a usability perspective
- Contribute to documentation, training materials, presentations, and demos with the goal of elevating the visual potential of Unity and increase it’s accessibility
- Design and develop tools to improve artist workflows for a large customer base
- Lead by example while managing the technical artists on the Copenhagen Graphics R&D team
- Cultivate a culture of empathy and transparent feedback that balances focused work with fun
- Work with producers and product managers to build roadmaps and designs for feature development
- Professional experience working as a Technical Artist for games and real-time 3D productions with multiple shipped titles
- Expertise working with real-time engines in the core aspects of rendering including shading, lighting, modeling, and post-processing
- Proficiency with tools for digital content creation for 3D modeling and texturing such as Blender, Zbrush, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Substance
- Comfortable with tools development in C#, Python, C++ or similar
- An online portfolio showcasing both artistic and scripting capabilities
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with team building, leadership, and people management
- Experience working on multiple AAA games as a technical artist
- Experience working on real-time content for a breadth of hardware (PC/Mac, consoles, mobile, web, XR)
- Art content creation experience including digital and/or traditional media
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Technical Art Lead position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.