Unity’s R&D Core team in Kaunas is a team of generalists who mostly work on Unity Editor optimizations and workflow improvements. We are looking for a technical Team Lead to organize the work, collaborate with other teams, and empower the team to grow.
The team is truly cross-functional and works on very wide areas of Unity. Some of our recent work is: reorderable arrays in the Inspector, scene view manipulation handle improvements, new Mesh inspector, texture import optimizations, Perforce version control improvements, improving clipboard copy/paste across the editor, etc. Most of engineering work happens in C# and C++, in a multi-million line codebase with hundreds of developers. Current team size is 7 people, with potential to grow in the future and we are looking for our next colleague to help us continue empowering millions of developers around the world.
- Drive the outcomes of the team while raising awareness around projects and progress
- Manage a team of engineers, you are responsible for people management and success as well as cultivating talent and growth
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with colleagues and empower engineers on the team to do their best work
- Maintain technical quality through work requirements clarifications & discussion, code reviews and development/testing best practices
- Ensure that all perspectives are heard, and create a diverse and inclusive environment to allow the best ideas to win and for the team to innovate, learn and succeed
- Experience as an Engineering Team Lead overseeing teams working with a large and complex code base towards a common goal
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills (English is our primary language)
- Customer-centric and empathetic approach to enabling our users and customers’ success
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop team members, lead by example and build trust
- Experience with game engines or games middleware
- Experience with C++ and C# programming languages
- An understanding of the challenges of real-time 3D and the scalability and performance focus it requires
- Experience of large code bases and a desire to solve their end to end challenges
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Team Lead, Core position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.