Role descriptionThe opportunity The Strategic Partnerships Associate will be a critical member of the Unity team that identifies and drives partnerships and business development opportunities with the leading gaming and technology platforms, Fortune 500 enterprises spanning media & entertainment, manufacturing, retail and more. Unity is looking for experienced strategy, partnerships &/or finance professionals to provide our growing partnerships team with the necessary market analysis, growth strategies, business modeling, product assessments and partner enablement support to grow existing partnerships and establish new relationships in market. You will perform marketplace analysis, conduct company-specific research and analysis, and develop industry and product POVs for the Unity team. You will develop materials that inspire partners and prospects with the Unity story told in their language. You will build business cases based on Unity and partner technology, investments and KPIs. You will own work plans to 1. keep established partner relationships tracking towards shared business objectives and 2. to help the Unity team achieve its goals. You will earn the opportunities to interface with partners and mentors to prepare you for the next level -- a strategic partnerships and business development leader. You will work closely with Unity’s Product, Engineering, Marketing and Legal teams to support the business development process. You should possess the ability to understand Unity’s portfolio of technology solutions and translate its value in the context of the evolving Real Time 3D ecosystem. You should be comfortable with complex B2B deals and have a demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team. What you’ll be doing
- Stay abreast of relevant industry trends and developments with Unity’s existing and target partners to recommend opportunities to grow our relationships
- Monitor the competitive landscape and identify prospective partners who will enable Unity to address user and developer needs, solve industry problems, and accelerate growth
- Pitch your constructed ideas to the strategic partnerships leads around growth opportunities that align with our priorities
- Build new shared success partnership models to accelerate Unity’s key business initiatives
- Provide business intelligence and operational support (e.g., Business Models, ROI Calculations, etc.) throughout the deal cycle -- from establishing commercial terms to maintaining our commitments to our partners
- Work with the strategic partnerships leads, the marketing and other key stakeholders to develop value propositions around new joint go-to-market programs, partnership expansion, and case studies
- Prepare quarterly business review materials to ensure the value Unity is providing our partners is understood and aligns with top strategic initiatives
- Understanding of the real-time 3D landscape (gaming, cloud, mobile, AR/VR, and enterprise) is essential
- Strong culture fit that aligns with Unity’s values – Users First | Best Ideas Win | In it Together | Go Bold
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence without authority, build consensus, and thrive within a team and company leading an ambiguous and rapidly changing marketplace
- Action-oriented, self-starter, highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to move quickly and navigate uncertainty without a playbook
- Experience within management consulting or investment banking
- Experience working on strategic partnerships that are designed to drive revenue and deliver market share growth
- Project or Program Management experience; PMP, Lean Six Sigma or similar Professional Certification
- MBA &/or engineering degree
- A strong track record of overachieving objectives
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Strategic Partnerships Associate position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.