Role descriptionRole description
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products and services centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. This will impact multiple industries such as Robotics and Autonomous Vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of artificial intelligence!
We are building a set of tools and services to tackle one of the hardest challenges in machine learning - generating synthetic data for training computer vision systems. Our work extends beyond traditional camera perception and includes stereoscopic cameras and lidars, and will have a ripple effect across the field of Artificial Intelligence, changing the way simulators and image data are used across the industry!
Your role on this team will focus on 3D content pipelines and content creation for our Computer Vision toolset and services. Our customers are training computer vision systems using synthetic data created by Unity, and one of the top opportunities to enable success is providing access to trustable 3D content. Your goal will be to build environments, assets, and content tools that can be used across multiple customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop C# code in Unity for 3D content pipelines
- Develop scripts in Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Blender to increase efficiency in content generation work flows
- Rig and skin digital characters and assets using standardized and custom rigs
- Solve technical challenges related to procedural and parametric content generation
- Develop scalable content database solutions, automated asset conversion processes, asset validation checks, automated labeling and metadata generation for vast amounts of digital assets
What we’re looking for
- Expert-level experience with the Unity Game Engine (+5-7 years minimum) including the Animation system, animation retargeting, and the asset import pipeline
- Adept in scripting with C# within the Unity environment
- Adept in Python scripting for Maya, 3ds Max, etc. for artist workflow tools and general content pipelines.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in game development (or equivalent visual effects fields) with multiple shipped titles (video game or interactive media).
You might also have
- Procedural content creation tools: Houdini, Substance Designer, etc.
- High level understanding of using simulation for ML systems - photo-realsitic content generation mythology, PBR based workflows, cloth and hair simulation.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (i.e. Jira, Shotgun).
- Experience with perforce and/or other source control software
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++ and OOP concepts.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Sr. Technical Artist position on WeChat