Parsec creates ultra-low latency, high-performance remote desktop technology that empowers creative professionals to work from anywhere, businesses to adopt flexible workplaces, and individuals to play together from anywhere. We're growing so that we can help leaders in gaming, entertainment, engineering, and architecture build the things we love, whether they're in the office or working from home. Parsec is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unity.
Parsec is hiring a Senior Engineer to join our small but talented SDK team, focused on building virtual device drivers and USB passthrough technology that enables artists, engineers and creatives to seamlessly work remotely with a wide range of hardware. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to jump into C code without breaking a sweat, tackle hard problems that you have no prior experience with, and build lean, modularized, maintainable code. We’re looking for an enthusiastic candidate who brings their own perspective but knows how to communicate and work together as a team, and who is always eager to learn and take on new challenges.
This is a fully remote position.
What you’ll be doing
- Expand Parsec’s support for peripherals with new tailored solutions for HID devices
- Improve upon existing and write new virtual device drivers, expanding to new platforms and adding new functionality.
- Be obsessed with finding the right, low latency solution to the challenges we face, showing the innovation and grit needed to get it done
- Listen to customer feedback, interpret the needs of the broader community, and find opportunities to delight our customers
- Weigh in on processes and workflows, striving to always optimize and improve how we work together as a team
What we’re looking for
- Deep technical understanding of HID and USB technology
- Past experience with kernel and user mode driver development
- Hands on experience working in a large scale C or C++ codebase, managing complexity and maintaining strict coding principles to avoid technical debt
- A willingness to learn from your peers, to adapt and improve your coding style, and to take and give constructive feedback
- A proven ability to take a project from start to finish, staying organized and on track, with attention to detail, delivering clean high quality code
You might also have
- Cross-platform development experience
- A natural drive to seek the best solution to problems, overcoming architectural and infrastructure problems
- A deep desire to learn, improve a product, and make customers happy
- A passion for good engineering methodologies, always looking for ways improve how we work as team
- An inclusive and collaborative work style and personality
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Sr. HID Software Developer, Parsec position on WeChat