Role descriptionWho Are We
Millions of creators harness Unity to reach billions of players and consumers. Unity is accelerating the development and investment in graphics tools and features for Artists and Developers, with products such as Wētā Digital Tools, Ziva Dynamics, SpeedTree, ArtEngine, and more to be announced. We will make the entire process of crafting real-time, interactive graphics, content and experiences more intuitive and accessible to creators and artists.The Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer who has experience with scalable rendering to join our team focusing on designing and integrating rendering features that can run from high end to low end systems. You will be working to define effective and scalable material models, scalable lighting systems, graceful quality fallbacks, and other similar scalable systems that deliver the ultimate fidelity at the high-end yet scale performantly to a range of widely accessible devices. As part of the scalable rendering initiative you will work closely with a number of cross-discipline teams to implement an innovative unified rendering architecture including novel surface descriptions and parameterizations, interoperable cross-tool data formats, and real - on device - integration and validation of the developed features.
You have worked on high-performance, high-quality rendering in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. You are a phenomenal teammate and strive for learning and sharing knowledge. If you are also looking to put your work in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, implement and maintain scalable rendering features for multiple platforms.
- Work cross team to standardize graphics types representations
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests.
- Profile, analyze and optimize performance bottlenecks in existing rendering code.
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to collect user feedback and prioritize feature development.
- Proficiency in C# and C++ programming, shaders, and rendering features.
- Proficiency working with standard PRB material models (Lit, SSR, Irradiance, etc)
- Proficiency with one of the following graphics APIs: DirectX 12, Vulkan and Metal.
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills.
- Relevant education and/or hands-on experience within the gaming or similar technology field.
- Experience with cross platform material libraries (MaterialX or similar)
- Experience developing graphics using Unity.
- Platform development experience (Android, iOS, Xbox, PS4, Switch).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Sr. Graphics Engineer, Scalable Rendering, MetaRP position on WeChat