Unity is looking for Sr. Technical Artist (Character Rigging) to work with our Ziva team! In this role you will contribute to the feature development of Ziva's ground breaking character animation tools while working closely with other members of the development team. You will define and drive artist workflows that use our tools to produce the most life-like characters in the industry. You will give ideas for the product using previous proven experience and a deep understanding of standard methodologies in real-time 3D productions of all sizes.
If you love to seek exciting technical art challenges this is a phenomenal position for you with the opportunity to grow!
What you’ll be doing
- Validate and provide first-hand feedback on new software features, help set expectations, and define the character creation workflow from the users’ perspective
- Work with engineers, product designer and technical product manager through feature development as a resident team member
- Build content samples of outstanding quality demonstrating the latest features and workflow strengths, as well as pushing feature boundaries
- Contribute to user-facing tutorials and documentation
- Stay up to date with character rigging and animation techniques, user feedback, and solutions
What we’re looking for
- Professional experience building high-quality real-time animated characters, with solid understanding of rigging workflows
- Broad experience of 3D character creation pipeline from DCC to engine
- Proficiency using procedural and/or physics-based 3D tools (Maya, Houdini, Substance, visual scripting, etc)
- Good understanding of 3D graphics, rendering, and content creation
- Strong communication skills, emotional intelligence, and a positive demeanor
You might also have
- Experience using Unity or other real-time engines in areas related to character animation and rendering
- Experience developing artist facing tools using scripting languages (C#, Python, MaxScript, etc)
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles as a Technical Artist
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Sr. Technical Artist (Character Rigging), Ziva position on WeChat