We here at Unity seeking a highly motivated and customer focused Senior Backend Engineer, Data to join our data team and build the next generation of analytics production systems. As a Senior Backend Engineer, Data, you will work on projects that impact millions of people!
On our team, our goal is to accelerate our product team's journey in becoming more data-driven by building out a solid and fit-for-purpose data foundation. We are looking for someone who can build Data products from engineering, business, and data science perspective and can spot areas of improvement in existing products.
What you'll be doing
- Build, scale, and maintain data pipelines and data backend service (e.g. microservices, python sdks, etc) to empower analytics ability for end-users with billions of daily events into our data warehouses, customer-facing dashboard, data science, and analytics systems
- Open to learning new technologies and how to get these understood, developed, and rolled out across the data products for the benefit of our business partners
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
- Solve data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
- Work closely with the Unity Engine, Ads, Analytics, and Game Services teams worldwide
What we're looking for
- Experience in building big data-based backend service/system in production at large scale (Apache Spark, Samza, Apache Beam)
- Experience in Go, Python, Scala
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and technologies (CI/CD, Bash, microservices, containerization, infrastructure-as-code) with distributed and containerized systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- A strong self-starter, confident in using their initiative to drive projects forward, and strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability, getting things done quickly without sacrificing quality.
You might also have
- Experience working on large and complex datasets and production requirements with real time streaming system
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with extending Apache Airflow and writing custom Airflow Operators
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Sr. Backend Engineer (Data) position on WeChat