Unity is recruiting an experienced Solutions Engineer, Media & Entertainment to partner with our z business development team to drive new partnerships within our Media & Entertainment division. As a key member of the Americas business development team, you will be on the front lines with our key customers to help design comprehensive technical solutions that meet their critical business requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our highest-profile customer productions and collaborate with Unity engineering teams to advocate for the customer.
We aren’t looking for someone that meets expectations; we want someone that exceeds them. We look for people that can approach any challenge with diplomacy, remain cool under pressure and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in developing real time cinematic storytelling, AR, VR, and c# development skills within Unity. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and giving technical demonstrations on the Unity product portfolio. This role is located at our headquarters in the heart of downtown San Francisco.
- Build relationships with technical decision makers, positioning Unity as the key thought leader in the Media & Entertainment divisions, thus becoming the trusted advisor
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Unity product portfolio (Unity, Services, Source Code, etc.) for cinematic storytelling and XR experiences
- Consult in-depth with developers who are planning or already using Unity
- Design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team
- Support business development partners with technical consultations pre and post sale
- Actively seek field based innovations that will take our customers projects to the next level
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s product development teams as a strong internal advocate for our customers
- Experience in a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineer or field engineering role
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Experience in simulation / visualization programming and development process, have worked on at least one large project
- Experience using Unity or other development engine in either a production or solutions capacity with solid C# skills
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to communicate diplomatically, confidently, and effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
- C++ skills
- Shipped XR (AR and / or VR) projects on major platforms
- Experience in graphics, rendering, and shaders
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Solutions Engineer, Media & Entertainment position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!