The Unity Desktop Platform team is looking to hire an experienced Software Test Engineer that is passionate about delivering quality experiences to Unity developers and their customers. The Desktop Platform team is responsible for the Unity Editor and Unity Runtime on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. We are also hard at work on supporting server and cloud-based gaming technology.
- Work directly with the development team to help them test, automate, and ship high-quality code
- Work across other teams at Unity to help them test their new features and code changes on supported desktop platforms and configurations
- Create test cases and projects to help support testing features, platforms, and workflows
- Work in our automated test frameworks to create and maintain test suites that support verifying code through our CI/Build system
- Investigate issues submitted to us by partners and customers and help our developers resolve and ship fixes
- Identify risks and priorities for the team based on customers data and analytics
- Engage with customers to help them figure out solutions to problems they are running into, investigate possible bugs, and help report them to our development teams
- Help drive process and workflow improvements to increase the quality and velocity of the features and fixes the team delivers
- Champion for fixing critical issues and difficult to use features that will cause frustration for our users
- Experience with software testing on an active development product with continuous updates
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and how to craft automated tests
- Experience with C# or similar languages
- Ability to break down new and ambiguous problems into definable pieces of work
- Basic knowledge of the software development process and the stakeholders in place to ship updates to a product
- Experience using Unity or other 3rd party game engines
- Professional experience working on games
- Experience using Linux
- Able to communicate issues concisely with accurate information
- Passionate about quality and delivering amazing experiences to our users
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Test Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!