In this role you will help to refine new product specifications then design, build, test, and maintain new features in our content creation tools and process. Our engineers work closely with our core research team to commercialize cutting edge computer vision and graphics algorithms, or alongside artists to build stunning artist content. You will also have the opportunity to innovate in the space of content creation and bring new ideas to the market. As a technical leader you can expect to lead by example and mentor junior team members. You will become a go-to person in the field of advanced coding techniques, software architecture, and design patterns for high performance computation with low memory footprint. You will also strive to delight our customers by finding and implementing solutions that address real customer challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to product design improvements, and lead design discussion in your core area
- Actively participate in planning, grooming, daily stand ups, reviews and retrospective meetings
- Development of unit tests and automated end to end test cases
- Mentoring and performing code and design reviews
- Contribute to all required documentation
- Perform ad-hoc and formal testing
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of development languages such as C#, Python or C/C++
- A passion for real time 3D content creation
You might also have
- Knowledge of Unity
- Knowledge of any artist content creation tools such as Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Nuke, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- Knowledge of the following technologies: CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL or DirectX
- Experience with Jenkins / Maven / Jira / TFS / GIT
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.