Unity’s Application Security team has been developing tooling for automating Unity’s application security and code analysis. These tools are driving how Unity’s developers identify and mitigate risk, helping keep leaked credentials from their code, and allowing internal teams to visualize and track risk in their products.
As a developer in the Application Security team you will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with development and operations teams in various business units. You will work on integrating our tools to the various SCM and CI / CD systems and pipelines used within Unity. You will also be looking for opportunities to develop new security tooling and automation that can further improve the security of Unity’s products, customers’ data, and players experiences while playing games made with Unity.
In this role, you’ll develop new security focused tools and APIs that interact with existing Unity services. This will require you to quickly understand complex systems and be able to integrate them with autonomy and self-direction. You’ll design, develop, and test this software while helping our team establish our own coding standards and culture, while working with world class product security engineers.
- Collaborate with the team lead and other team members to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions
- Develop new tools and APIs
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assist in the collection and documentation of service requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Participate and drive peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Deploy and manage applications in Google Cloud / Google Kubernetes Engine
- Implement and improve CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab)
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a small team, occasionally without direct supervision
- Understanding of basic security principles
- Ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in depth
- Experience with at least one general purpose programming language: Python, C#, Go, etc...
- Experience with modern web front ends, such as AngularJs, and web backend technologies, such as Nginx and MongoDB
- Experience in production Python development
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm
- Experience working on security tooling and automation
- Experience with GCP Cloud Compute, and other Google Cloud technologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity. #LI-AB7 #MID
Share the Software Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!