Unity is the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform that enables our users to create, operate and monetize their content. At Unity we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. We solve hard problems so that our users can focus on their creations.
In Core we are looking for engineers that love solving complex problems. In our view, solving complex problems requires a desire to understand, creativity, certain risk taking and the ability to talk to other human beings in a humble manner. It also requires being able to take decisions, iterate, work with feedback and learning.
We are transitioning from object oriented programming and rebuilding the core foundation of Unity with the high-performance multithreaded Data-Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS).
Core is a part of R&D and we are looking for senior engineers to be based in Copenhagen to work with us on initiatives around On Demand Asset Pipeline, Prefabs, Scripting and DOTS.
- Develop tools, real time editing and perform engine programming with quality and performance in mind
- Organize cross department/group teams to successfully solve internal and customer problems
- Provide Technical direction including tools, rendering and infrastructure
- Problem solving skills
- Programming skills (C++ and C# are a bonus)
- Architectural awareness
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (English is our primary language)
- Comfort to operate in a flat hierarchy and a networked organisation where information is pulled not pushed
- Willingness to learn and grow as an engineer and person
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Understanding the challenges of real-time 3D and the scalability and performance it requires
- Understanding of large code bases and desire to solve the challenges it can bring
- Desire to drive initiatives
We are looking forward to engaging with you.
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Senior Software Engineer position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!