Joining the Unity XR Features team means not only helping move the world’s most popular game engine forward, but also shaping one of the fastest growing technology segments: Augmented and Virtual Reality. Over half of the world’s XR content is made with Unity and our team’s mission is to work closely with platform partners and our users to build new cross-platform features that leverage the best technologies in order to solve hard problems and make it easier to develop world-class XR experiences.
As a member of the team, you'll work on developing the higher-level Unity tools used by our customers to create engaging XR experiences, as well working at the lower-levels of our tech stacks to ensure optimal runtime performance, all in the service of ensuring that Unity developers of all levels can create the best and most engaging XR experiences.
Unity is a developer-driven company. All team members participate in the complete software delivery process: from feature planning all the way to deployment and interacting with end users. If you are looking for an opportunity to have a direct impact on our products and customers, then consider joining our XR Features team!
- Design and implement new XR technologies and features in the Unity engine
- Write highly performant code at the lower-levels of Unity's runtime
- Work individually or within a small group to integrate partner technology for both hardware and software platforms
- Work with the other teams within the XR group to help bring cohesive and user-friendly experiences to our developers
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, bug fixing, user forums, and feature planning
- Professional experience with C#, C, or C++
- Professional experience writing high-performance code
- Strong initiative and ability to work collaboratively, both with internal developers and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work on multiple projects
- Experience building experiences with Unity
- Prior AR / VR development experience
- Passion for future technologies
- Cross-platform development experience, such as Oculus, Hololens, mobile devices, or desktop platforms
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Understanding of 3D math and Linear Algebra
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, XR Features position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!