Unity is seeking a software engineer with a passion for UX and tool creation to join our Mobile team to help the most widely used game engine on mobile evolve to its next generation. In this role, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team to implement workflows and innovate tools to take the pain out of mobile development.
Mobile has never been a more exciting gaming platform with titles expanding from the casual genres to full-scale, AAA, MMOs. With hardware approaching that of modern consoles and a user base in the billions, the potential is boundless. At Unity, we are seeking to remove the limitations of conventional thinking about mobile games and unlock their full potential. We strive to make every use of the hardware available while weaving through the complexity of thermal limits, throttling, and battery life.
As developers, we push the limits of mobile. Now more than ever our tools and workflows must evolve to enable a developers’ success. Join us in empowering millions of Unity developers to create successful games played by billions.
- Design and implement high-quality software products and services for games used by millions every day
- Improving UX process and alignment within a broader organization
- Re-imagining features and a more intuitive UI system
- Partner efficiently with cross disciplinary resources
- Work closely with UX Designers and Researchers to turn UX vision into production
- Re-imagining features and UI concepts for a more approachable system
- Professional software development experience (preferably in the game industry)
- Proficient in C#
- Experience applying UX design/vision into production code
- Passion for creating intuitive and efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Proven track record of delivering results in agile development environments
- Experience building content creation tools
- Experience with building and using game engine tools
- Prior experience using Unity
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the UX Tools Engineer, Mobile position on WeChat
Unity is hiring all the time, and we welcome unsolicited applications. Send us yours, and we'll get back to you when we have a suitable vacancy!