At Unity, we are re-inventing the way online games are built, launched, and operated. In Player Safety, we focus on building highly scalable, distributed, realtime services that enable developers to build safe online communities and experiences for their creations. We proudly provide online solutions for solving player safety, toxicity, and cheating. At our core, we are passionate about gaming and enabling game creators to provide their players with the best player experience.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our SDK team. You will be designing and developing SDK’s for multiple platforms including Unity and Unreal for our Multiplayer Suite of products which includes solutions such as game servers, matchmaking, lobbies and player safety.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with engineering (Backend, Android, Unity Editor), product, and design team to define, architect, develop, launch, and maintain our Multiplayer SDKs
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure high-quality product delivery that brings the best experience to Unity Customers
- Build and influence engineering culture by establishing the best engineering practices and standards
What we’re looking for
- Working knowledge of C#, C++ or similar
- Quality-driven attitude and approach
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
- Strong experience using backend API’s
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
You might also have
- Experience in leading a team within a fast-paced agile environment
- Working experience of Unity or the Unreal Engine
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, SDK position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.