The Platform Core team provides critical platform interwork above and beyond independent platform teams and establishes the overall stability and runtime of the Unity Engine for all platforms supported by Unity. Our overarching platform abstractions enable internal developers and users alike to harness core functionalities across different tech stacks, maximizing ease of use & stability while cutting development costs. While we form the fundament of the Unity development platform, we also provide vertical solutions that allow quick access to the most basic system resources. Our work cuts across the foundation of the Unity engine including systems architecture, libraries, build and load time.
As a Software Engineer in the Platform Core team at Unity, you will help us solve the most complex technical challenges by reviewing cross platform engine code across platform teams covering Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms (VR, AR, HoloLens etc.). You will also work proactively on new features that will cover new and evolving technologies.This is a very unique opportunity within a small team of talented people where you will make an impact on a wide range of current and future Unity software components and will get a chance to become proficient in all supported Unity platforms!
This role is located onsite at the Unity office in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Work with our platform teams (Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms) to investigate, review and update engine code to solve existing problems
- Proactively identify areas for improvement across the Unity engine with regards to cross-platform and base library functionality
- Collaboration with platform and other engine teams to coordinate feature development and ensure the correct functionality across platforms
- Focus on key areas such as improving build time, load time and iteration time across platforms
- Help to scope out new projects that will improve the cross-platform functionality of both editor and runtime
- Experience in software library development (game engine or other) using C/ C++ or C#
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing cross-platform software(console, mobile, etc.)
- Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Experience with large code bases
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Experience with game consoles
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience developing with Unity
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, Platform Core position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.