At Multiplay (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative infrastructure solutions that ease the development and launch of online games. We proudly provide hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology and 24/7 live operations for some of the world’s biggest games. At our core, we are passionate about gaming, and keeping gamers online.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for games, hyper-scale automation and distributed systems. As a key member of the team, your role will include developing services, features and functionality within our platform that are highly-scalable, idempotent in nature, and resilient to failure. We are breaking new ground with the way online multiplayer games are hosted.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop new product features and improve existing functionality
- Write high-quality code that supports existing and future functionality of the product
- Work to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Operate within a distributed team and collaborate with colleagues both local and remote
What we’re looking for
- Prior software development experience using Golang, as it is our primary language
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Excellent project management skills
- Quality-driven attitude and approach
You might also have
- Experience working within an Agile environment (SCRUM/KanBan/XP)
- An understanding of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes of Nomad
- Working experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers.
- Experience in gaming is a plus, but not required
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Share the Software Engineer, Multiplay position on WeChat
Don't see your dream job? Let us know what area you're interested in and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available.